Senior Career Change Writer (freelance)
Who are Careershifters?
Life's too short to be unhappy at work. We help bright, motivated people who feel stuck in a career that isn't right for them find and move into more fulfilling work. We do this through workshops, courses, coaching, free resources and a 140,000+ strong community. We're run by a team who've each made their own successful shifts and now work on their own terms, across four continents, having a lot of fun doing so!
What's the opportunity?
We're looking for a top-quality senior freelance career change writer to work with us remotely across a number of projects – and potentially on an ongoing basis.
Read more below. If you feel you're a good fit, click the button at the bottom of the page to apply. We'll read your application carefully and we'll respond if we'd like to take you forward in the process.
- Passionate, knowledgeable and credible on the subject of career change and doing fulfilling work -- you've likely experienced one or more career shifts yourself; you may have also coached / helped other people going through the process
- Someone with a diverse set of interests and curiosities
- Able to put big complex ideas into plain English
- Able to connect dots across disparate / not-normally-connected topics
- Interested in doing things differently -- you come at subjects from angles that other people don't
- Down-to-earth, intellectually-sharp, creative
- An established writer, with a strong portfolio of existing pieces
- Someone who can write in a tone of voice that is confident, straight-talking, concise, compassionate, intelligent, and witty
- Uber-reliable in terms of your ability to deliver high-quality work to agreed deadlines
This is an opportunity for you to:
- Do work that reaches – and positively impacts – millions of people across the world
- Grow your skill set and yourself through a set of challenging and rewarding writing assignments
- Play a part in building the world's most useful career change resource
- Work on your own terms and have fun with a motivated, passionate entrepreneurial team
The application deadline is 31st March 2019.